Legal Help For Victims Of Car Accidents
After a car accident, it is tempting to just “work things out” with your insurance agent or company. After all, you have been through a lot and the idea of fighting for a fair compensation award adds to the stress.
But what if you need more than what your insurance company is offering you? Is it worth risking your future financial stability by throwing in the towel now? No. In fact, by working with an experienced lawyer, you may be able to recover significantly more compensation than the insurance company wants to offer you.
Remember: the insurance company cares about its bottom line. We care about yours.
We are Paoletti & Gusmano, Attorneys at Law, in Bridgeport, Connecticut. We have more than five decades of trial experience, experience we use to get clients fair results after serious car accidents. Call 203-371-1000 for a no-cost, no-obligation consultation today.
What Is “Fair Compensation” In A Car Accident Case?
In any auto accident case, fair compensation goes far beyond payment for your existing medical bills. Depending on the facts of your case, you may be able to receive money for a wide range of damages, including:
- Past, current and future medical bills related to the accident. Will you need to undergo multiple surgeries after your accident? Will you need rehabilitation or physical therapy? Did you ride in an ambulance? The payment you receive for your medical bills should cover future expenses in addition to the medical bills you have today. We will help you get the compensation you need to get appropriate medical care.
- Income loss. Serious injuries or the loss of a loved one can cause a family to lose much-needed income, either permanently or temporarily. Your personal injury settlement or verdict should take this financial loss into account.
- Pain and suffering. Have you suffered significant stress as a result of your accident? Part of a personal injury lawsuit involves putting a monetary value on your emotional pain and suffering.
- Permanent injury/disability. If you were permanently injured or disabled, you may be able to recover compensation specifically for your loss.
- Punitive damages. If you were injured by a reckless, distracted or drunk driver, you may be able to recover additional compensation from that driver that specifically punishes him or her for the poor decision that caused you harm.
What Compensation Is Available To You After A Car Crash?
To recover fair compensation, however, you must know both what compensation is possible and what is available. If, for example, the other driver only carried the minimum necessary bodily injury liability insurance coverage in Connecticut and you were seriously injured, chances are that insurance will not cover all of your injuries. If the driver him/herself does not have additional compensation for you, you may need to look to your own uninsured/underinsured driver’s policy. We will look to all possible means of recovery to seek the maximum amount of compensation possible in your claim.
Contact An Attorney For Advice After Car Accident Injuries
Schedule a free consultation with one of our lawyers by calling 203-371-1000. You can also contact us via email.